24 Dec Sun Valley Vacation After the Holidays
The holidays are a magical time with lots of activities and fun to be had, but after it’s all over, rest and relaxation are in order!
It’s time to vacation in Sun Valley after the holidays to recover.
First of all, make reservations for your winter snow escape with us at Knob Hill Inn!
We have carefully-curated special offers designed to make your planning simple and your stay with us unforgettable.
Check out our Best of Baldy package:
This is a true skier’s getaway.
It includes two full days of skiing on Bald Mountain or Baldy, as she is called by those who know and love her.
With terrain for winter enthusiasts of all skill levels, Baldy offers amazing skiing for the expert and novice alike.
And after spending the day on the mountain, relax at the bar before dinner, then warm your spirits with Northwest cuisine at The Grill.
Return to the comfort of your guestroom where an oversized tub and a great night’s sleep await.
Wake to our signature breakfast in the Fireplace Room to fuel up – then head out to Baldy to do it all again.
This package includes:
- Three-night stay
- Two-day lift tickets for two to ski Bald Mountain at Sun Valley Resort
- $100 dining credit at The Grill at Knob Hill
So, start planning your Sun Valley vacation at Knob Hill Inn today.
Once you have your reservations, a second great idea is to select from our Trip Tips.
Our team of knowledgeable locals put together their thoughts, and favorites ideas of what to do while you’re vacationing in the Valley – check them out:
The Winter Adventurer
Perfect for those who love to play in the snow and cold weather.
- Grab an espresso and pastries at Konditorei before setting off on the day’s adventure.
- Choose your adventure at the nearby Sun Valley Resort. From skiing Bald and Dollar mountains, to cross-country skiing and snowshoeing or SnowSports School – you can find a winter activity for everyone.
- Return to Knob Hill Inn and soak your sore bones in the hot tub after a day of playing.
- Make s’mores and gather around the fire to cap off the day.
The Relaxed Winter Explorer
Searching for the perfect winter getaway, but hoping for something a little slower paced than hitting the mountain?
- Grab a cup of locally roasted coffee at Lizzy’s, located across the street from Knob Hill Inn.
- Test your skills and your spins on Sun Valley’s year-round outdoor ice skating rink, or play a friendly game of ice hockey at Christina Potters Ice Rink in downtown Ketchum.
- Drive up to Galena Lodge for an afternoon of snowshoeing or cross-country skiing.
- Return to Knob Hill Inn and bundle up by the fire with a cup of hot cocoa.
The Winter Trail Junkie
If you’re ready to hit the snow-covered trails, we have a few ideas in mind.
- Head to Bigwood Sports Park and explore the trails on a fat tire bike.
- Drive up to Smiley Creek and rent a snowmobile for backcountry adventures.
- Take a horse-drawn sleigh ride under the stars, ending at Trail Creek Cabin where you can delight your taste buds with true Idaho flavors.
The Lazy Day Around Town
Ideal for those looking for a calm, relaxing escape in the town of Ketchum.
- Shop for deals at The Gold Mine Thrift Store, renowned for amazing bargains from designer clothing to the latest in sports gear and everything in between.
- Grab a great cup of joe at Java on Fourth.
- Walk through the Sawtooth Botanical Gardens, a community resource showcasing native, cultivated, beautiful plants that flourish at high altitude.
- Enjoy an amazing dinner at The Grill at Knob Hill, a local hot spot that’s located right at your home.
The Dog Lover
For those who love to bring their four-legged pal everywhere with them, this one is for you.
- Play a game of fetch at the off-leash Warm Springs Dog Park.
- Wash the adventure off at the Laundro-Mutt so your pup is squeaky clean for the rest of vacation.
- Grab a treat at Thunderpaws Pet Shoppe, a local shop that provides the highest quality pet food and supplies in town.
- Enjoy a bite at Sawtooth Brewery (dogs are allowed on the deck – bring a coat!)
The Best of the Valley
Want to make the most of your Sun Valley experience? Make sure to check the below stops off your list!
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast at The Kneadery, the #1 breakfast spot in town since 1974.
- Check out the stunning views at Galena Summit.
- Grab a famous hand-dipped milkshake at Smiley Creek Lodge (trust us, they’re worth it).
- Take a deep breath of fresh mountain air and soak in the warm waters of Boat Box Hot Springs in Stanley.
- Get a bite to eat and a final hot springs soak at Mountain Village Resort.
The Rested Traveler
Sun Valley is known for the adventure around every turn – but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a little R&R, too.
- Start your day with a relaxing Bowl of Soul at Java on Fourth.
- Enjoy a rejuvenating massage at Zenergy, Sun Valley’s premier health club and spa.
- (guests of Knob Hill Inn can also purchase a day pass to Zenergy for just $30).
- Let your muscles rest with a relaxing soak or swim in Zenergy’s outdoor saltwater pools and hot tub.
- Take in the sounds and smells of local Ketchum with dinner at The Grill at Knob Hill.
Knob Hill Inn is the perfect home base for your Sun Valley vacation, where guests are welcomed like family by a team that takes pride in the region.